Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Vegan hair update!

After a week of feeling like complete poop, I have finally taken some photos of my hair looking all new and non orange/ non yellow/ non wtf is that.  The dye I used was Naturtint in Mahogany Chestnut (4M) on bleached hair.  It was lovely to use actually, had a strange neutral smell, not ammonia-ey at all, and developed very quickly.  The shampoo you get with it comes in a small little sachet, and smells very herby.  The conditioner smells LUSH and is very moisturising.  Considering what I had done to my hair, I am very impressed with how non straw like it is.  It initially came out a lot darker than I had imagined, but after a second wash, it is the perfect colour.  All about maintenance now!
Here are a few photos of how it looks :)


I am really happy with how it came out.  The dye itself cost me £9.99 which is only marginally more expensive than regular dyes like L'Oreal and Garnier and Schwarzkopff.  I don't mind spending just that little bit extra to get a vegan product that doesn't test on animals.  I have fairly long hair and found that the one bottle was a stretch.  I had to cut the bottle open so I could use every blob of dye.  I reckon in a few weeks I might get myself another box just to top up the lighter areas. 

As you can see from the box image, the colour came out pretty close to the model!  Its a rich mahogany with red/plum tones.  Ahhh I am so in love with it. 
Yay !

No comments:

Post a Comment